This article is in need of cleanup to meet the Computer Wiki's standards for the following reasons: old, terse, not broad
How to set up a new computer:
1) Get all of the boxes together.
2) Carefully open up the boxes.
3) Set the monitor on the desk or table.
4) Set the computer next to the monitor.
5) Read all of the user manuals.
6) Plug the power cables into the back of each piece.
7) Connect the monitor to the computer.
8) Connect the mouse and keyboard into the computer.
9) Turn on the computer and monitor.
10) A wizard should step you through the process. After that, you're done!
A printer hooks up like a mouse or keyboard.
Be careful not to plug anything into the wrong places!